Skip to main content

Reply to "bIG cONCERT coMING UP... HELP"

Ahh...so that makes you what now then? Oh wait...that's right, they're still together...please get your facts straight before posting about something you know nothing about.

As for too much? Nah...if done properly, you simply can't have too much as the secret is in the programming...and if the programming is done within the imposed restrictions of height etc...you can still have a tremendous show without blinding anyone.

Finally, Pink Floyd was one of the first acts to use intelligent lighting in their shows...their last Pulse tour was incredible to say the least. Granted, technology advances, yet none of the acts I've seen in the last 10 years even begins to rival the last live rig they took out.

Once again, lighting merely augments a performer and their performance. Better lighting makes it even better. When you have an excellent system that's properly programmed and executed, well, you'd just have to be there to understand. If you pick up a copy of the Pink Floyd Pulse video, it really doesn't do the live act justice, but at least you'll understand what I mean.

One other thing, I've been performing in front of audiences since 1969 both musically, on air, live sound and mobile work...I don't know how that works into your age, but it might give you an idea I do have some working knowledge of the entertainment world.

Bob