Skip to main content

Reply to "Audio config for Traktor & internal mode & 4 decks mixing"

Quite honestly, you could purchase one of those really cheap and nasty USB sound cards from eBay at $1 or so, use ASIO4ALL, create a joint card with your internal card as the output at 24bit and the USB for monitoring (they are only 16bit), and it will sound much better than the VMS4.

Before anyone starts shouting, I think everyone realises now that the 16bit output of the VMS4 is weak, it has problems and should be avoided if possible.

Perhaps in the future when the drivers are better, and we see better performance then we could start to use the internal card .. but for now ...forget it.

If it works for you, great. Those of us that are having problems, don't waste anyone time or sleep trying to fix the unfixable.

If you want "pro or studio quality" sound, the VMS4 is not the one. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear! my mum used to say.

Invest in a decent sound card, set up the VMS to be a VCI100 clone and no problems.

If you don't have the money to buy an NI Audio4/8, try looking at the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, it also has the benefit of balanced TRS out's, MIDI controller, Microphone inputs and a lot of other stuff, it gets really tight low latency, it's very loud and weighs almost nothing.

My 2 cents.