Skip to main content

Reply to "64B LED PRO/ Operator Pro"

I don't know what was changed between the DMX Operator and the DMX Operator 192. I have the DMX Operator, which is the older version of the 192.

The DMX Operator has 8 faders for controlling lights, with a shift/flip button to set the 8 faders to now control the 9-16 channels. It has 12 fixture control buttons(or in other words: 1-16/button, you know what I mean). I know for a fact you can gang up fixtures by using any combination of fixture buttons, including all 12 if you want to go bonkers!

The DMX Operator can store 240 scenes(8 scenes in a bank and 30 banks) and 8 chases with 240-steps each.

The controller is compact, and a wonderful intro board with room to grow. I can't expect the DMX Operator 192 being any different in those manners.

I'm by no means an expert on my DMX Operator, and I just recently got into programming it. But I do feel comfortable fielding questions about it.

Seems to me you really need hands on time with gear. In general I feel this is always a best way to learn and determine what might be a best fit anyways.

For me, for simple shows, I want to have color changes and a need to gain access to my "special" while letting the color changes take place. I don't need super complicated or syncronized shows. For that the DMX Operator is perfect. I bought MyDMX so I can do more complicated events and shows. I have a lot to learn about MyDMX. The big difference between the DMX Operator and MyDMX is that the DMX Operator didn't need much learning time to get up and going. MyDMX has a learning curve, but that's OK.