Skip to main content

Reply to "64B LED PRO/ Operator Pro"

This is as I thoght, this is an addressing issue, as Jingles is eluding to. Also, think differently, again, as Jingles has pointed out.

The Par 64 LED's are "intelligent" fixtures. By Intelligent, I don't mean they are going to organize and stage a revolt against you. Intelligent is a fairly typical term used for any light that has DMX built into it.

When thinking TRUE ParCan, think "a single fixture that can be dimmed infintately between 0(full off) to 255(full on). OK, my infinately is an overkill term. But you would have to put them on a dimmer pack to control them. That's your biggest hint right there. Also, NEVER connect power for a DMX fixture to a dimmer/power/relay/switcher pack. NEVER. Just don't do it.

Your Par64 Pros have 7DMX channels.

Step 1:
You've addressed your Par64 Pros outside the range of the controller. The controller only goes to 128 channels for intelligent control. You've started at 129. Oops. Try starting at 1. The rest(129-136) are for Par Cans: true ParCan's, the type you'd put on a dimmer pack.

Step 2: It's OK if you choose to assign all your lights to the same channels. They'll just too all the same thing at the same time, which ideally is what you want. Jingles suggestion of assigning 2 to the same addresses is also valid. Or you could do all 8 to all their own addresses. It really depends on what works right for you. You can "double up" if you wanted to assign 2 fixtures per "moving head" fixture. Just increment your lights' addressing by 8. The first would start at 1, the next at 9. Then the next starts at 16 and then 25 but would be on the second fixture button. Good way to save on addressing.

Here's my hint, since I am going to assign my 8 Par 64 LED Pro's like the above example.
Since The odd lights will start at 1, 17, 33 and 49, the evens will start at 9, 25, 40 and 57
I can hit on my DMX Operator 1,2,3,4 and with the shift off, control the odds which will be my front bank. Hit shift, now I'm on the evens and now the faders will control those.

Just throwing out advanced ideas.

Change your addressing and you'll be having fun again.

Not bad. I read the manual and within 2 minutes had basiscally all the information I needed to answer this question. It's clear that you simply confused you new Par 64 Pros for traditional PAR CAN fixtures.